In order to be certified as a flagger and have your certificate verified, the following process must be completed:
- Only Authorized TTC Providers can provide the TTC Basic (Flagger) course with verifiable certification through the Administrator.
- In-person training must be conducted using the the Administrator flagger course material.
- All flaggers must successfully demonstrate their flagging knowledge and skills to an approved instructor or proctor.
- A hands on skills assessment must be documented for each student online using the Provider Portal.
- After the completion of the skills assessment, the instructor and/or authorized proctor must sign the Flagger Evaluation form before providing it to the Administrator through the Provider Portal.
- Once signed, a copy of this form can be provided to the student as a temporary flagger certificate. These temporary certificates are only valid for 15 days following the completion of the skills assessment
- Note: Temporary certificates will not be valid unless submitted to the Administrator within the 15 day window
- The completed forms must be provided to the Administrator for recordkeeping purposes and final certificate issuance
- After the student’s data is entered into the Administration database and the payments have been received from the provider, the TTC Basic Flagger Certificate will be issued to the student
- The flagger course will expire no more than 4 years after its issuance
Providers can download the Flagger Evaluation Form, from the Training Materials section of the Provider Portal.